It is generally believed that 1 in 5 women and 1 in 6 men will be sexually assaulted at some point in their lifetimes. Sexual assault violates a person’s trust and feeling of safety. It is a crime motivated by power and control and can have long lasting effects on the victim.
At Families First, we believe that everyone deserves to feel safe and respected. Sexual assault is a serious life crisis – a time of overwhelming turmoil and confusion. Our sexual assault program provides options for victims and their families to work through the healing process.
Our sexual assault victim advocates provide free and confidential services.
- Phone and face-to-face advocacy. Advocates can meet with individuals in our office or at a safe community location.
- Emotional support
- Assistance with protective orders
- Court advocacy
- Guidance through the criminal justice system
- Safety planning
- Community resource referrals
- Support for loved ones
- Educational and prevention programs
Our advocates provide support to all survivors, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, age, or disability. Our advocates are especially trained to work with the LGBTQ community and male survivors.
Our services can also be provided in Spanish.
Support Groups and Counseling
Families First offers free support groups to individuals affected by sexual assault. Support groups available:
- Sexual assault
- Teen victims of sexual assault and dating violence
- Non-offending parents of children that have been sexually abused
- LGBTQ victims of sexual violence
- Adult survivors of childhood abuse
- Individual counseling is also available to victims and their families.