Crisis Line Intervention Specialists
Families First operates a crisis and suicide intervention text and phone line that is operation 24/7, 365 days a year. Volunteers take calls and/or respond to text messages from Indiana residents that need additional support from the convenience of their own homes.The training to be a Crisis Intervention Specialists is approximately 40 hours. This will be executed with six (6) workshops.
NO EXPERIENCE FOR THIS POSITION IS REQUIRED.
We ask that all potential volunteers are ready to learn, listen and practice empathy. The content of the workshops will cover active listening, how to guide callers to local resources, and basic skills for working a crisis hotline. There is no cost for this training.
In the days following the end of the training, there will be four (4) simulated crisis telephone calls (home role plays) from a trainer. The performance in each call will be evaluated and the trainer will provide feedback. Upon a satisfactory assessment of the home simulation skills, the training concludes with a four-hour shift with live crisis calls under the supervision of a trainer. Upon successful completion of a four-hour shift, the title of Crisis Intervention Specialists is earned. You will then have the opportunity to select your two, weekly standing four-hour shifts.
OCtober 2018 CLASS
* Wednesday 10/17/18 5:30pm - 9:30pm Introduction to Families First and the Crisis & Suicide Intervention Service
* Friday 10/19/18 8:15am - 4:30pm Applied Suicide Intervention SkillsTraining (ASIST) Workshop Day 1*
* Saturday 10/20/18 8:30am - 4:30pm ASIST Workshop Day 2*
* Tuesday 10/23/18 5:30pm - 9:30pm CSIS Skills Training Part II
* Thursday 10/25/18 5:30pm - 9:30pm CSIS Skills Training Part III
* Saturday 10/27/18 8:30am - 4:30pm CSIS Skills Training Part IV
*ATTENDANCE BOTH DAYS FOR THE DURATION OF THE WORKSHOP IS REQUIRED TO CONTINUE CSIS TRAINING.